“The Great Rx for Health: Caring for Self, Caring for Others” is the theme for the next Health and Spirituality Workshop. Like the Great Commandment it will focus on practical skills and relevant information to create and maintain health and wholeness. It’s happening August 23–24 at the Temple in Independence, Missouri. Dr. Bowen White will return with his uplifting style both Friday and Saturday. Friday evening is free and open to the public. Registration is required for Saturday sessions. Visit www.hmaCofChrist.org or call HMA at ext. 1418 or 1262. Discount rates are available for congregations that pre-register with a single payment for a group of at least five people.
Morning Session 1 & 2 — Caring for Self
- Spiritual Practices for Self Renewal
- Finding Renewed Purpose and Meaning
- Discovering a Healthy You
- Scripture and Well-being
- Caring for Self when "Sandwiched"
Afternoon Sessions 3 & 4 — Caring for Others
- From Ashes to Beauty: The Path to Transformation
- Motivational Interviewing to Promote Lifestyle Change
- The Caring Relationship in Healthcare and the Church
- Healing Vicarious Trauma: Past, Present & Future
- Promoting Resilience and Coping in Children & Teens
For more information, visit the event website.