A Journey into Our Heritage of Hymns
You are Invited to Sing the Sacred Story!
Celebrate the Community of Christ hymnal on a memorable trip across the Midwest and into upstate New York. Sing the historic hymns inspired by the various stops along the "Restoration Trail." Hear the stories behind our treasured hymnody and learn many of the exciting tunes featured for the first time in Community of Christ Sings!
Highlights of the bus tour include:
- Communion service in the Kirtland Temple
- Joseph and Emma Smith's Mansion House
- Hymns written by Joseph Smith III sun alongside a historic pump organ at Liberty Hall in Lamoni
- Hymn festival at Nauvoo's Red Brick Store
- Vespers at Plano Stone Church
- Shaker song and dance at one of the oldest Shaker villages in the United States
- National Baseball Hall of Fame and Fenimore Art Museum in Cooperstown, NY
- Historic Oneida Community Mansion House
- Beautiful fall foilage and much, much more!
Tour date: October 6-15, 2014
Tour price: $1,375/person for double occupancy room; $1,875/person for single occupancy room
Price includes: luxury bus transportation (from Independence, MO area), hotel lodging each night, admission fees and most meals
Starts/End: Tour begins and ends at the Temple (1001 W. Walnut, Independence, MO)
To Register: Send a completed reservation for with a $100 tour deposit to: Community of Christ Historic Sites Foundation, ATTN: Sing the Sacred Story Bus Tour, P.O. Box 338, Nauvoo, IL 62354
Reservation forms are available online at HistoricSitesFoundation.org
For more information about this exciting tour experience, reservations and travel details, contact Barbara Walden via email or by phone at 440-477-9562.
Seating is limited! Reserve your place today!